Friday, February 1, 2013

Shaklee Vitalizer Women and Stress Relief Complex review

I’ve been a fan of Shaklee products since I purchased their Get Clean® Starter Kit a few years ago after Oprah recommended it on her show. My friend, Jan is a Shaklee independent distributor (all links here go to her website), so I was happy to support her business by buying a product that is environmentally friendly and works well. I use their Basic H2® Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate on a daily basis to keep my kitchen and bathrooms clean. 



 

Recently, Shaklee sent me their Vitalizer™ Women and Stress Relief Complex* to try out and review. I’ve been taking them both for about two weeks now and like them so far. I haven’t had any miraculous results, not that I expected any as I’ve always been a regular supplement taker. However, I find taking both supplements very easy to do and full of ingredients I find important in a daily supplement package.

Quality, individualized ingredients

Shaklee is the only multi-nutrient supplement pack in the marketplace with S.M.A.R.T.™, a patent-pending delivery system designed to improve absorption of key nutrients, ensuring the right nutrients get to the right place at the right time.
  • Vita-Lea® Advanced Multivitamin: Micro-coated for immediate release in stomach to enhance absorption of folic acid.
  • Caroto-E-Omega: Enteric coating for release in the upper intestine to reduce fishy aftertaste.
  • B+C Complex: Sustained release delivery to the small intestine; clinically shown to provide up to 198% greater absorption of B vitamins over 12 hours.
  • Optiflora® Probiotic: Triple-layer encapsulation protects the live cultures against harmful stomach acid for release in lower intestine.
I’m a firm believer that you must take a daily probiotic, a gender based multivitamin, Omega-3s, B vitamins for energy, and a daily C vitamin – all of which Vitalizer Woman has. It also contains calcium, though I wish it 1000g not 500g. Vitalizer Woman also has good stuff like a triple berry blend, cranberry extract, lycopene and lutein. You can download and read the label here for the full ingredient list.
I liked the Stress Relief Complex, too, though I’m not sure I’ve seen immediate results as I’m especially stressed out these days due to our still impending move to the East Coast. Still, Shaklee claims that Stress Relief Complex helps relax the body and mind, and promotes alertness while enhancing the body's ability to adapt to everyday stress. Sounds good to me. The supplement contains L-theanine, ashwagandha, beta sitosterol, and L-tyrosine. You can download and read the label here.
Also, Vitalizer and Stress Relief Complex are gluten free and kosher.

Convenience

What that stood out for me besides quality, individualized ingredients and is that all Vitalizer supplements (there’s versions for men and seniors) come in convenient Vita-Strip packs. This is perfect for busy women and moms who are on the go. You can easily put your day’s pack in your purse or briefcase to take with you to a breakfast meeting.
I especially like them because they’re perfect for traveling. All you need to do is take the number of packets you need for your trip. There’s no need to make individual snack baggies of supplements to put in your carry on. Also, the Stress Relief Complex bottle is super small and easy to take with you on the go, too.

Cost

I’m sure at first Shaklee supplements seem very pricey, especially if you buy store brand supplements. Vitalizer sells for $93.25 retail and members pay $79.25 for a 30-day supply. However, if you’re buying several bottles of quality supplements to meet all your needs, it’s probably not that much of a difference.
I’m a Shaklee member and have found that getting a membership is worth it if you love Shaklee products and plan to buy them on a regular basis. Membership is $19.95, but currently you can get that waived when you buy Vitalizer. Also, as a member, you can save an additional 10% when you sign up for auto ship. Click here for details.
Shaklee products also have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If for any reason a Shaklee Product is not satisfactory, return it to your Shaklee Independent Distributor or Shaklee Corporation for exchange or full refund.
You can learn more about Shaklee Corporation here and connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment